We've bid adieu to 2011 & embraced 2012 in full force. I've decided 2012 will be a year of change, of BIG change. I've thought long & hard about what I wanted to change in the new year & thought I'd share my resolutions with my readers. Here goes nothing:
1. I will not buy anymore clothes until I have worn everything at least once. To most, this sounds ridiculous, but to those who know me, know most of the items in my closet still have the tags attached or have never been worn. Hopefully, this will help me save a little cash & experiment with the hidden treasures in my closet. Of course to prepare for this, I did a major shopping trip over the weekend. I'll share deets later.
2. I will find a job that pays more, or at least one I enjoy. This one is obviously easier said than done. Having studied Communication/Public Relations in college, I would love to be an account executive for a fashion magazine, small boutique, new designer, anything FASHION related. If that doesn't happen, I would at least like more compensation for the job I currently have. That will definitely sweeten the deal & make these long hours more bearable.
3. I will become more finicially stable. As mentioned in resolution #1, I would like to save a little money & actually be able to afford what little bills I do have. As of now, my parents pay the majority of my bills (I pay my rent & bills related to my amazing apartment)- cell phone, student loans, vet bills, etc... I'd at least like to manage paying one of these. This will obv be a gradual process as I have a shopping problem.
4. I will run a 5K. While I am big into fitness & being healthy, I despise running. In order to challenge myself, I would love to participate in a little 5k. What's life without a challenge, right?!! Wish me luck with this one, it will definitely be the most difficult to pull off (other than #3 that is).
5. Well, of course I have a few more, but I'll keep those to myself. Hopefully, I'll succeed in completing these resolutions! What are some your New Year's resolutions?!!
Anyway, onto my outfit. It's sparkly duh. I went to visit my friend/old roommate, Junella this year. I miss living with her; who else is going to take pics of me getting ready?! But we always have a good time together, which made driving the almost 4 hours to her worth it. This year, I decided not to spend too much money on a dress, simply because Blacksburg is a little dead this time of year since all the college students are on break. I was pleasantly surprised by this little number I found while searching Forever 21's website. Can you believe I only paid about $40 for this?!!
Dress: Forever 21
Clutch: DKNY via Marshalls
Shoes: Charlotte Russe
I hope your NYE was as eventful as mine & that you all have a wonderful 2012! Don't forget to tell me your resolutions!!!!